Tuesday 25 September 2012

Lino Printing

In Jackies lesson today we looked at different ways of printing to mix with embroidery. The first one i looked at was printing using lino, for this i needed to carve an image into the lino depending on what relief i wanted. I tried to create a negative image of a rose and to also use the stalks as a way of connecting the image when repeating it.
This i felt worked well as i carved out the darker more shadowed areas, i also tried to vary the depth i carved to try and give it a smoother gradient. The technique was then to roller paint onto a paint pallete as thin as possible to then roll onto my print. From this the prints i made were faded and some areas were missed out as there wasnt a lot of paint. I then tried using a thicker amount of paint this then worked much better creating a bolder more vibrant image, the risk is that if too much paint is used it could fill the blank spaces and the edges will bleed creating a blurred image.
 
I did some research into artists using lino printing and found some bold and interesting pieces that i would like to try within my own work. I feel this technique would work well with illustration or printing my own fabrics.
\"neverlookdownprint

\"neverlookdown

\"GhostofaMoment
\"ghostofamomentprint
Unknown artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment