Sunday 5 May 2013

Cardboard Tube and Tracing Paper

I did some quick experiments using easy materials like paper and cardboard, The paper didnt work so well as it wasnt strong enough but card worked quite well. I tested it on peoples heads to get their reactions some people didnt want to try it because you cant see and its probably a bit embarrassing..but everyone else said it squashed their face and i collected quite a lot of makeup inside of it! I also tried it on peoples legs and arms, it made it really awkward to move in and you had to alter how you moved so you didnt fall over.
 
 
 


 
I wanted to try using a material that is slightly opaque but still blurred what was on the other side. I wasnt sure how well tracing paper would work as papier mache but it just worked the same as normal paper i just didnt add any water to the PVA. I like that you can see the chicken wire underneath, i just want to move onto something else now as all my experiments have been shapes to put on the head and i think i need to develop it more.



No comments:

Post a Comment