Monday 2 September 2013

Leeds Royal Amouries

Last week I went to the Leeds Royal Amouries with my family, its not normally the sort of thing id be interested in but I remember going when I was younger and I really enjoyed it. The first time I went they had performances and battle reenactments in full costume and it was actually really scary! I like how amour not only creates protection and gives a function but also aesthetically has to create an intimidating image to the opposition. It was really interesting to see how they made the amour to fit around the body and ergonomically move with it when there has to be a lot of movement. Some of the amour looked so alien and strange to say it came from a certain time period where Id thought it would look a certain traditional way. These are some of my favourite things and saw, and some random ones...























No comments:

Post a Comment